Current Page Path
Hatcher Graduate Library Location Information
|Sunday||1:00 PM - 02:00 AM|
|Monday||08:00 AM - 02:00 AM|
|Tuesday||08:00 AM - 02:00 AM|
|Wednesday||08:00 AM - 02:00 AM|
|Thursday||08:00 AM - 02:00 AM|
|Friday||08:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Saturday||10:00 AM - 6:00 PM|
Parking is available in the South Forest Avenue Parking structure. Metered parking may be available on State Street, Tappan Avenue, or East University Avenue. For additional details, see the Downtown Development Authority's website.Accessible-permit parking spaces are located in the driveway to the east of the library, off of South University Avenue. For maps and more information, visit U-M Parking and Transportation Services.
For Help Contact
- First Floor, North Building: Information Services Desk, (734) 764-0401.
- First Floor, South Building: Information Services Desk, (734) 764-0401.
- Second Floor, North Building: Ask a Librarian Desk, (734) 764-9373.
- Second Floor, Hatcher North: Serials and Microforms, (734) 764-0503.
Building EntrancesNorth main entrance (Diag)
- Stairs and ramps, NOTE: ramps do not meet ADA Design Guidelines
- Door has automatic opener
- No incline
- Door has automatic opener
- North main entrance (Diag) - Turn right passed the stairs for elevators. These elevators will bring you to: Basement, 1, 2, 3, 4 in the North building.
- Elevators in the North Stacks - Follow the yellow line to access elevators in the stacks. These elevators bring you to Basement, Ba, 1, 1a, 2, 2a, 3, 3a, 4, 4a in the North Stacks.
- South entrance (S. University Ave) - All elevators in this lobby will take you to floors 1-8 in the South Building
- Elevator 1 (one the left) will take you to floors - 1-8 in the South Building as well as 2a, 3a and 4a in the North Stacks
ComputersAll public access computer workstations are accessible (table height and under-table clearance meet ADA Design Guidelines).
Navigating the Stacks
Patrons with mobility impairments or other access needs may find the North and South stacks floors difficult to navigate. Circulation staff are available to assist any patron in retrieving items. Patrons may also request to have individual items delivered to a Library pickup point or departmental office from the online catalog.
The following study areas are accessible:
- Reference Reading Room, second floor, Hatcher North
- Clark Library reading area, second floor, Hatcher South
- Gallery, first floor, Hatcher North (NOTE: ramp does not meet ADA Design Guidelines. Accessible route posted at entrance)
RestroomsAccessible, single stall, all gender restrooms:
- Third through sixth floors, Hatcher South
- Basement, Hatcher North (Men's)
- First floor, Hatcher North (Women's)
- Third floor, Hatcher North (Men's, Women's)