Get creative with our 3D printers, die cutters, engraving machine, and other hands-on equipment.
Get hands-on access to equipment such as a letterpress, soldering station, 3D printers, and other hardware and materials in our Design Lab Workshop.
Find us beyond the glass doors of the Shapiro Library lobby, in the far right corner of the first floor.
- Laser cutter and engraving machine
- Digital die-cutting machine
- 3D printers
- Sewing machine
- Soldering station
Use of the workshop
The workshop is available to all students, faculty, and staff. There is no cost to use the equipment. Instead, we’ll ask that you write a post about your project on our blog, Lab Notes.
After completing the online training, you’ll be able to make an appointment or drop in during Open Lab hours. Our team of interns and residents are available to share knowledge, assist with project consultations, and get you started in the space.
The library, in its sole discretion, may refuse any use or project request.
You may not use Design Lab equipment or spaces for purposes that:
- Violate federal, state, or local law or violates university ordinances or policies
- Void manufacturer warranty or service agreements
- Violate intellectual property rights, such as copyright, patent, or trademark
- Create weapon replications or modifiers
- Create items for commercial use
- Violate library policies