1st floor Shapiro Library Lobby
Phone: (734) 764-7058
The Circulation Desk is staffed whenever the library is open. Staff at this desk can assist you with:
- Checking out a book
- Picking up holds and recalls
- Lost and found items
- Reporting facilities issues
- Calling SAFEWALK or Night Ride
- Assistance with group study room reservations
- Checking out laptop locks, dry erase markers, chalk, VGA cables, Mac dongles
U-M Library borrowing privileges are required to borrow library materials. Your Mcard is your library card.
Borrowing and Circulation has information about general policies regarding borrowing items.
The loan periods for students, faculty, and staff differ by library. Shapiro's current journals and magazines circulate for 3 days to students, faculty, and staff.
Library materials may be returned to any University Library circulation location. The Shapiro book return locations are located:
- Outside on the southwest corner of the building, with access from the driveway next to the library building.
- Inside the Shapiro Lobby in a dropbox.
Lost and Found
Contact Circulation for items lost and found in the Shapiro Library building.