Michigan Library Scholars
The U-M Library seeks enthusiastic and creative undergraduate students to join Michigan Library Scholars. Get a behind the scenes glimpse into the daily operations of a world-class research library coupled with one-on-one support from subject specialists. Over the course of the summer, gain real world professional experience as you collaborate with library mentors to complete a capstone project with a global or international focus. Develop professional expertise locating and using library resources, as you enhance research and learning skills. All majors welcome.
Period: May 6 - July 26, 2019
Hours: 20-30 hours per week
Pay rate: $12 per hour
Location: University Library, Ann Arbor
How to Apply:
- Be ready to submit a resume and detailed cover letter outlining your goals and objectives for this internship.
- Apply Now through Monday, February 25, 2019.
Explore our projects page today to see if our current projects are a good fit for you. Students will be matched to projects based on their interests and aptitude.
Currently enrolled University of Michigan-Ann Arbor undergraduate (only first year, sophomore, and junior), returning for the fall term.
- Strong interest in global or international research
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Availability to work on campus during the internship period
- Ability to work well in a diverse, inclusive, and collaborative environment
For examples of past projects, take a look at the 2015, 2016, and 2018 Projects page.
Application Deadline & Process
Apply Now through Monday, February 25, 2019. Interviews will be granted on an invitation-only basis after evaluation of all submitted applications. Interview candidates will be contacted by March 15 with further instructions. All applicants will be notified of final decisions by early April. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.