We welcome all people to our archive, from experienced gamers to researchers and newcomers. Visit us to support your research work, or play for fun.
- Walk-ins allowed during regular hours when there are no scheduled events.
- Explore available games and gaming systems.
- See how to request a class visit or student event.
Checking out items
An Mcard or valid photo ID is required for checkout.
Please review our policies to learn more about our requirements for checking out items, handling equipment, special policies regarding minors, and other aspects of using the archive.
Reserve a gaming station in advance
You can make a reservation if you’re a U-M student, staff, or faculty member. We’ll give priority to those who need the archive for academic or research purposes.
To reserve a gaming station ahead of time, please:
- Contact us at least 24 hours in advance at the service desk or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Include the game systems and games you would like to access.
If you’d like to reserve more than one game station, talk with us about getting special permission.
How much time will I get?
You can reserve a game station for up to one hour per person, or two hours per group during your visit. Time is reserved in 30-minute blocks.
The maximum amount of time you can reserve per month is 5 hours.
Can I extend my reservation if I’m conducting research?
If you have priority research status, you can extend your reservation beyond our standard limit.
To get this status, please fill out an Archive Research form at our service desk. Departmental approval is required if a project spans multiple days.
Priority status must be renewed each semester.