Current Page Path
Whitney Ann Townsend
Whitney Townsend is the Liaison Services Librarian to the Department of Internal Medicine, the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, the Division of Rheumatology, the Cardiovascular Center, and the School of Kinesiology. She also serves as an instructor in the School of Medicine.
In these roles, Whitney works with faculty, staff, and students through insutrction sessions, small group learning, individual consultations, and partnership on a variety of information-related projects including extensive involvment in systematic reviews.
Whitney currently serves as the coordinator of the Health Sciences Executive Research Services.
Whitney Townsend arrived at Taubman Medical Library in the fall of 2007. Whitney comes to Taubman Health Sciences Library from Ohio University, where she served as Electronic Access Librarian, provided liaison services to the Biological Sciences Department and the School of Recreation & Sports Sciences, and provided reference services to the Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine.
Whitney also assists with coordinating undergraduate and graduate medical education.
- Scientific Discovery Path of Excellence - An Information Resource Starter Kit
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship - An Information Resource Starter Kit
- Family and Integrative Medicine
- Medical Education
- MoveSci 250 Guide to Literature Research
- Cardiovascular Medicine
- UMMS Bioethics Path of Excellence - An Information Resource Starter Kit
- Systematic Reviews
- Health, Engineering & Business