Keep reading and researching
Current Page Path
Gurpreet Kaur Rana
I lead Taubman Health Sciences Library's Global Health Program, establishing partnerships, promoting and fostering international relationships, and creating opportunities in research, teaching and learning in the health sciences. In my role as Global Health Coordinator, I implement a range of efforts to contribute to the University's efforts in global health and health equity. I leverage the informationist role in global health, create educational partnerships within the U-M health sciences community, explore application of informatics in health equity, conduct expert searching, investigate data sources, and take part in global health research -- working towards lessening health inequity around the world through the power of information.
M.L.I.S, University of Western
B.Sc. (Honors Biology),
- 2017 T. Hodges International Service Award, Medical Library Association
- 2013 Academic Medical Librarian of the Year, Medical Library Association
- 2007 University Library Recognition Award
Professional Affiliations and Committees
Board of Directors, Medical Library Association
Medical Library Assocation
Diversity and Inclusion Task Force
Scholarly Communications Committee
Past Chair, Librarians Without Borders Committee
International Cooperation Section
Midwest Chapter/Medical Library Association
Areas of Expertise
Expert searching of the scholarly literature
Undergraduate and graduate education
Global health information resources
Curation of health equity data and data visualization tools
Open access sources for low resource settings
Information-seeking behavioral research
Hughey KL, Bell JD, Mullan PB, Rana GK, Wagenschutz HM, Skye EP, Kolars JC, Mangrulkar RS, Williams BC. Scaling Up a Global Health and Disparities Path of Excellence Pilot Program at the University of Michigan Medical School. Acad Med. 2019 May 14.
Kaselitz E, Rana GK, Heisler M. Public Policies and Interventions for Diabetes in Latin America: a Scoping Review. Curr Diab Rep. 2017 Aug;17(8):65.
Heisler M, Kaselitz E, Rana GK, Piette JD. Diabetes Prevention Interventions in Latin American Countries: a Scoping Review. Curr Diab Rep. 2016 Sep;16(9):80.
Punjabi, Hindi, Urdu comprehension
- U-M Global Health & Disparities Path of Excellence | Information Resource Toolkit
- Center for International Reproductive Health Training (CIRHT)
- United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
- Global Health Information & Resources
- Refugees and Migrants: Information Resources for a Global Crisis
- UMSN Global Sexual and Reproductive Health Summer Institute
- Health Disparities in the U.S.
- Sexual and Reproductive Health
- Community Health