3154 Shapiro Science
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1185
I'm the subject librarian for the Physics and Astronomy departments in LS&A and for the School for Environment and Sustainability. People in these units should contact me with requests for library instruction sessions, research consultations, reports of service outages for library-licensed resources, requests for the purchase of library materials, and questions about publishing options, scholarly communication issues, Open Access and data sharing mandates, etc.
- Science & Engineering research questions
- Scholarly communication, publishing & data preservation requirements
- Programmer's toolchain for knowledge production - software, formats, workflows etc.
My research interests
- Decentralized technologies including dWeb, DeFi, distributed information & knowledge systems
- Resilience, relocalization, energy descent, transition & degrowth
- Deep green philosophy, conservation, ecocentrism, ecosophy
- Permacuture, woody ag, forest gardening / forest farming
- Human ecology, cultural niche construction, social-ecological systems
- Climate change, climate resilience, climate justice
- Knowledge organization & management, machine learning on relational data, text classification, ontology generation