Current Page Path
I function as the hub for matters involving copyright, permissions, and licensing within Michigan Publishing. On a daily basis, I am responsible for handling requests for permission to reuse work published by the University of Michigan Press and Michigan Publishing Services, for actively supporting the licensing of subsidiary rights, for responding to author concerns about piracy, and for seeking ways to more efficiently handle and record transactions related to such matters.
More broadly, I conceive of and manage the implementation of projects that position Michigan Publishing as a leader in managing copyright and intellectual property in a way that maximizes opportunities for authors as well as aligning with library values around openness, equity, and innovation.
Bachelor's Degree in History and English Language and Literature from Central Michigan University,
Master's of Science in Information Degree from the University of Michigan with a focus on Information Policy
- Manage matters involving copyright, permissions, and licensing within Michigan Publishing
- Conceive of, and manage the implementation of, copyright and intellectual property projects at position Michigan Publishing
- Review rights for every title for Michigan Publishing
- Supervise cataloging of University of Michigan Press permissions data
- Supervise students working with quality control and metadata tagging of digitized volumes
- Work with vendors, clients, and IT personnel to digitize, convert, publish and maintain client workflows