Users are welcome to use ScholarSpace for study, collaboration, and consultation during open hours. Priority will be given to users with consultation or technology needs. Users may be asked to move from the workshop environment when events are scheduled.
Features of the Space
- 5 iMacs and 2 Windows machines featuring specialized software, including tools for Optical Character Recognition, Screen Capture, and media editing.
- 19 laptops (MacBook Pro's) available for use during workshops
- 3 collaboration stations with built-in Mac Minis and HDMI connections for laptops
- Crestron presentation system allowing for instructor and student control of three 4K TVs, with HDMI and wireless Apple TV connections
- Whiteboard paint on all white wall and column surfaces
- Seating is available in the workshop environment for up to 28.
- 4 additional seats are available in the lounge area.
U-M Community Use
ScholarSpace provides a co-working and active collaboration space to the University of Michigan community for gatherings that advance the practice of information design, digital pedagogy, and/or digital scholarship. Members of the University of Michigan community may request use of the workshop environment for educational or digital scholarship-related projects or events, including but not limited to workshops, team projects, hackathons, editathons, researchathons, tech meetups and more. ScholarSpace staff are available to consult with you on event design, technology integration, and other aspects of your event.
Community reservation requests can be made by completing the reservation form. Please provide a description of your event, possible dates and times, and technology needed. Requests will be responded to within 2 business days and should be made two weeks in advance of potential dates. Community use is limited to ScholarSpace open hours from 11-6pm Monday through Thursday, and 11-5pm on Friday, during the regular semester. See current hours when considering use of the space.