Library Data Grants Program
The Library welcomes applications for the new Library Data Grants Program. Affiliated researchers can apply for library-licensed acquisition of access to data sets for their research projects.
First consideration October 31, 2019
Decision and notification by January 15, 2020
Who can apply?
University of Michigan affiliated researchers, including faculty, staff, postdocs, graduate and undergraduate students.
Why apply for funding?
• So the Library will provide you with the data you need
• If you already have funding to acquire data, the Library will conduct the negotiations with the data provider, handle the license agreements, and make the data accessible
The library data grants program can be used to cover the entire cost of ownership, or, to subscribe to data for the first year. The library will negotiate the purchase and disburse the funds to the data vendor.
• Only data that can be licensed campus-wide will be considered
• The library cannot consider restricted data
• License agreements must conform with university purchasing policy
The program will only acquire access to data in formats that the library can support. If you have a question about formats, contact us.
Applicants will submit online a description of their research project and an account of the requested data. The Library Data Grant Review Committee reviews and selects applications based on projects, data cost, and availability of funds.
Questions? Contact the Library Data Grants Committee at