Pick Up at a Library Desk
We deliver available books and other materials to the library location most convenient for you. Requesting items for pick up at a library desk is available to all users affiliated with U-M.
Use the Get This link in Library Search and then select Pick it up at the Library to request items. See using the Get This service for additional guidance.
Most requests are ready in 2–3 business days. We’ll send you an email when your item is ready for pick up and hold it for 7 days. If you need the item sooner, consider getting it off the shelves.
Pick up locations
- Art, Architecture, and Engineering Library
- Donald Hall Collection (North Quad)
- Dearborn Mardigian Library
- Fine Arts Library
- Flint Thompson Library
- Hatcher Library (North Information Services desk) — this is less accessible than our other locations. We suggest you choose nearby Shapiro if you have mobility issues
- Museums Library in the Research Museums Center
- Music Library
- Shapiro Library
- Taubman Health Sciences Library
Not affiliated with U-M?
You are welcome to find and use items off the shelves.
Items not available for immediate access — those in the Buhr Building, Museums Library, or other offsite shelving — can be held for you to use onsite at the Hatcher Library, Art, Architecture, and Engineering Library, or Music Library.
Consult Library Catalog Search to find item information and complete the form to request items at least 3 business days before your visit.