Scholarly Technologies and Creative Spaces
Who we are
- Leadership: Justin Schell
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organization chart
- Staff directory for Scholarly Technologies and Creative Spaces
What we do
Scholarly Technologies and Creative Spaces (STACS) is a community of library experts and learning spaces dedicated to facilitating creative, playful exploration and use of tools and technologies.
Our three spaces — the Computer and Video Game Archive, ScholarSpace, and the Shapiro Design Lab — strive to foster environments for discovery and bringing ideas to life.
We provide consultations for projects and classes, as well as teach drop-in workshops. Things we can help with include:
- Putting the finishing touches on a dissertation
- Exploring classic video games
- Designing and 3D printing an original creation
- Trying your hand at typesetting and letterpress
- Designing a poster
- Mending your clothes or creating a cosplay outfit
- Creating a website or online survey
- Recording a podcast or video
- Learning about adaptive and accessible gaming
Our staff are available via email to talk about your ideas, or you can schedule a consultation directly through each STACS space.