Who we are
- Leadership: Ellen K W Mueller
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organization chart
- Staff directory for Technical Services
What we do
We enable discovery and use of library resources in all subjects, languages, and formats. We partner with colleagues across the Library to procure, describe, organize, and mediate materials.
- The Order Unit purchases collection resources by placing orders.
- The Arrivals and Activations Unit receives resources purchased for and gifted to our collections.
- The Resource Description Unit describes the collection resources so they are discoverable in our library website.
- The Metadata Services Unit ensures successful access to our electronic resources.
- Exchange and Gifts adds gifted resources to our collections and keeps relationships with other institutions and universities to exchange collection resources.
- A team of librarians offers specialized guidance and effort in acquisitions and metadata to support the work of the department.
What we're working on
We are currently preparing for an upcoming migration to a new system, which will help us better support discovery of our collection resources.