Offering lectures, workshops, class visits, and more by appointment.
Connect with our conservation and book repair staff and learn about our work and collection care practices through workshops, lectures, tours, and more.
How to connect with us
We engage with the public, campus, and research community through:
- Lectures and workshops to support classroom teaching
- Tours and class visits
- Hands-on training for disaster response and the handling of fragile materials
- Consultation on the assessment, analysis, and identification of physical research materials
- Assistance and advice with questions about collection care and maintenance
- Public lectures and advice clinics on caring for personal materials
- Bookbinding workshops held at the Book Arts Studio
- Advanced training in papyrus conservation through a biennial summer seminar
- Conservation internships and fellowships
Have an idea or want to visit? Contact us at LibConsLab@umich.edu.