U-M Library Annual Undergraduate Research Award
Join us in our annual celebration of the 2019 Award Recipients!
3:30 pm, Friday, October 18, 2019
Shapiro Library Lobby
Listen to one of our awardees, Olivia Perfetti, talk about the impact of the award on her research in Addis Ababa.
Sponsored by the JABberwocky Literary Agency
Each year, the U-M Library conducts a research award competition to recognize and celebrate the extraordinary academic achievements of our undergraduate students. The award is given to students who demonstrate excellence in library research conducted in support of an undergraduate student project.
Undergraduate students from any U-M campus are eligible to participate. Projects can be in any format or medium such as a term paper, thesis, website, a documentary or an art installation. Individuals and groups from any discipline may apply.
The U-M Library offers several different awards:
- Maize Awards for single term projects (1st place, 2nd place, 3rd place, and Global)
- Blue Awards for multi-term projects (1st place, 2nd place, 3rd place, and Global)
- The Outstanding First-Year Research Project Award
- The Innovation in Research and Creativity Award
All awards are evaluated on the strength of a letter of support from an instructor and the applicants' research, personal essays, and bibliographies. The "Global Award" in each the Maize and Blue catagories will be awarded to a project with a global or international component.
The 2018-2019 awards are sponsored by the JABberwocky Literary Agency.
- First Place Awards: $1,000
- Second Place Awards: $500
- Third Place Awards: $250
Global Awards: $500
Outstanding First-Year Research Project Award: $500
Innovation in Research and Creativity Award: $1,000
• Application Deadline, April 30, 2020
• Letter of Support Deadline, May 8, 2020
• Awardees Notified by June 5, 2020
• Ceremony and Reception, mid-October, 2020
Questions? Email: email@example.com