How to Apply
Your application must include:
- A personal essay. Describe the library resources used to prepare or complete your research project.
- For group submissions, members should collaborate on their essay to explain each member's contribution.
- Essays must be limited to 750–1,000 words for general applications, and 300–500 words for First-Year Research Project applications.
- See tips for applicants for more details.
- Bibliography. Include all the sources that supported your research.
- Letter of support contact information. Provide the name and email address of an instructor, research supervisor, or faculty member who has agreed to write you a letter of support. See our letter of support guidelines.
- Copy of the project. Attach your completed project of any length. If your project is not in a format that can be emailed, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org to make alternative arrangements.
- May 3: Application due (no extensions)
- May 15: Faculty/mentor recommendation letter due
We'll announce award winners in mid June.