Copyright at the University of Michigan
919 South University
Ann Arbor, MI 48109
The University of Michigan Library Copyright Office provides the university community information about copyright. In addition to the resources on this site, we provide the following services:
- We answer copyright questions via email.
- We consult about copyright questions in person, over the phone, and via Google Hangouts. (Please email us to request an appointment.)
- We hold online copyright office hours for the university community on Friday afternoons. (Please sign up via Google Calendar using a university email address.)
- We offer public workshops on copyright.
- We offer customized copyright education (presentations, workshops, etc.) for university groups, including faculty, staff, and students. (Please email us to request this.)
Although we provide information and education about copyright, we are not able to provide legal advice.
Note that some copyright-related issues are handled elsewhere at the university:
- If you have specific legal questions pertaining to the University of Michigan, please contact the Office of the General Counsel.
- If you believe your copyright has been infringed on a web site hosted by the university, please contact our DMCA agent.
- If you have questions about using the University trademarks, including the Block M, please consult the Permissions Guide from U-M Global Communications.