Collections Access Policy
The University of Michigan's University Library has a 150 year history of collection building and sharing its collections with the broader scholarly community. Over seven million volumes are included in the system of distributed libraries on campus.
There are a number of mechanisms for access provided for those who would like to use materials from the University Library.
- The library collections are available to all individuals for use on site.
- Any individual in the U.S. may request that materials be borrowed from the U-M collection through his/her local library's interlibrary loan offices.
- Individuals unaffiliated with U-M may purchase privileges to borrow from U-M Library collections on an annual basis through Graduate Library Circulation Services (734-764-0401).
- All faculty from universities and colleges in the state of Michigan are eligible for privileges to borrow from University Library collections.
- Faculty, staff, and students as well as all ancillary staff are eligible to borrow materials from University Library collections.