Current Page Path
Charles G Ransom
My title is Multicultural Studies Librarian. I select resources for African American Studies, Native American Studies, Asian American Studies, Latino/a Studies, Arab-American Studies, Multicultural Studies. If you want to schedule an appointment click here
I have my MLS from Indiana University and undergraduate degree from Wabash College. My BA is in Political Science. I am also a member of the Association of Black Professionals, Administrators, Faculty and Staff. A member of the Library Martin Luther King Day committee, and the campus Martin Luther King Day Symposium. I am a member of the Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti 2013 Reads selection committee.
My expertise is a deep understanding of multicultural studies including African American Studies, Latino Studies, Asian American Studies, Arab American, Native American Studies and American Culture. I also have strong relationships with the multicultural communities of the University of Michigan and provide reference, instruction and collection development services to address their information needs. I have provided assistance in surveying and collecting data about the experience of multicultural communities on campus.
- I can help researchers locate data on multicultural populations.
- I can advise researchers on organizing their texts and other non-numerical data files
- I can help people consider how they might archive their photographs and other personal data.
- I can refer researchers to others in the library who can help address their needs as necessary.
- Arab-American Studies
- Black Arts Movement
- Multicultural Studies
- History 399: Environmental Activism in Michigan
- History 272: Modern Civil Rights Movement
- The African American Experience in the 19th Century
- HISTORY 335: IMMIGRATION LAW
- Race in America
- NATIVE AMERICAN STUDIES 217
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion