Copyright and Teaching
Copyright is an important consideration in selecting course materials and making them available to your students.
Use materials in courses
Our resources can guide you through copyright concerns when selecting course materials:
- Decide whether to use materials created by others in online classes you teach
- Find out when and how materials can be posted on course websites
- See Finding Usable Materials for help you find content to easily use, remix, and share without worrying about copyright restrictions
- Learn about Creative Commons
- Consult our guidance for when and how copyright affects use of video in classrooms
Empower your students
Help your students make informed decisions regarding the work they and others create and use with our Canvas modules.