Requirements for Funding
We consider funding for software, equipment, and travel requests on a case-by-case basis, with the following requirements:
- Requested software can’t already be available through Campus Computing Sites or the Knox Center
- Travel requests must adhere to university guidelines
We do not fund stipends or salaries, computers or tablets, or activities related to the project that have already occurred or been completed.
Receiving your funds
For individuals and teams
- You’ll receive your grant through the Office of Financial Aid. Checks will be mailed to your personal address on file unless you sign up for direct deposit through Wolverine Access.
- For student groups, funds will be issued to the primary contact member of your team.
- Receiving awards, prizes, or gifts may impact your financial aid package. Please contact the U-M Office of Financial Aid if you have any questions.
For student organizations
Funds are issued into your group’s account with the Student Organization Accounts Service.
As part of the program, you’ll be expected to:
- Participate in monthly mentor meetings
- Provide an itemized final budget
- Give a presentation about your project, or write a blog post
- Include the library logo or name on related project materials, such as posters, websites, and event programs
- Complete a feedback survey