Askwith In-House Viewing
Anyone with a valid photo ID may use the Askwith Media Library viewing stations. Priority is given to students viewing material for U-M courses or for course-related research. Each station can accomodate up to 4 people. Multi-region and multi-format stations are available.
Shapiro Screening Room
The Askwith Media Library Screening Room provides U-M faculty, staff, and students (with faculty or staff as contact) a convenient space for group media viewing and presentations.
- Location: Second floor of the Shapiro Library building, room 2160
- Hours: Askwith Media Library Hours
- Capacity: up to 49
- Equipment: Multimedia projector with surround sound, internet connectivity, and playback capability for a range of media including 16mm film, VHS, laserdisc, DVD (multi-region), Blu-Ray, and computer projection
- Other Features: Meeting table and whiteboard space for group discussion
- Who May Use: U-M faculty, staff, and students. Students are required to have a faculty or staff contact person to reserve and use the room. In the case of conflicting requests, priority consideration will be given to faculty and instructors.
- The Screening Room may be reserved for up to 6 hours per day per user, with no more than 15 hours per week per user.
- Reservation requests may be made via e-mail or by phone (764-5360).
- Please inform staff of media needed for presentation when reserving room.
- All users should read and understand the copyright policy of the University of Michigan.
- Users are responsible for compliance with U.S. copyright law and for securing ALL rights for public viewing of media.
- The Library reserves the right to change or cancel reservations at any time for any reason.