Current Page Path
Jo Angela (Angie) Oehrli
I am a former high school and middle school teacher who can help students find information on a wide range of topics. I teach library resources sessions to different classes or just meet with students individually to help them with their papers, research, or any other information need. I support the students in the Women in Science and Engineering Residential Program and the students in the Michigan Research Community Residential Program as well as undergraduates across campus. I also support the research and instructional needs for those throughout the university community who are studying children's literature at any level.
Papers and Presentations
Oehrli, Jo Angela. “Creating Objectives Collaboratively: Actionable Goals Across the Library System.” LOEX Annual Conference. Dearborn, Michigan. 1 May 2010. Presentation slides.
Oehrli, Jo Angela, Julie Piacentine, Amanda Peters and Benjamin Nanamaker. “Do Screencasts Really Work? Assessing Student Learning Through Instructional Screencasts.” ACRL Annual Conference, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. 1 April 2011.
Oehrli, Jo Angela, Phil Hallman, Karen Downing, Jennifer Bonnet, Tim Hamblin and Lisa Hamilton. “Dig Deep: Libraries, Archives and Filmmaking.” SXSW Film Festival, Austin, Texas. 13 March 2012. Presentation
Oehrli, Jo Angela and Peter Timmons. “Instructor College Virtual Swap Meet: A Model for Developing an Instruction Community.” LOEX Annual Conference. Columbus, Ohio. 4 May 2012. Description and Presentation Slides.
Fontichiaro, Kristin, and Jo Angela Oehrli. (2014). Turning the tables on Collaboration Part I: Planning for Success. Library Media Connection, 32(4), 36-38.
Oehrli, Jo Angela, and Kristin Fontichiaro. (2014). Turning the tables on Collaboration Part II: Reflecting on Success. Library Media Connection, 32(5), 34-35
- Bachelor of Arts, English and History, Western Michigan University (1992)
- Teacher Certification, 7-12, English and History, Western Michigan University (1999)
- Master of Science in Information, University of Michigan (2009)
- In person reference at Shapiro and Hatcher Reference Desk
- Ask a Librarian email and instant message reference
- Bibliographic instruction
- Chair, Instructor College Steering Committee, 2011-2013
- Chair, MLibrary Online Learning Task Force
- Chair, ALA Library Instruction Round Table, Top Twenty Committee
- Select materials for and maintain the Children's Literature Collection
- Instructor for course UC 174: Digital Research -- Critical Concepts and Strategies
- UM School of Information Adjunct Lecturer for SI 641: Information Literacy for Teaching and Learning, 2013.
- Conflict Resolution Officer for the University of Michigan Office of Student Conflict Resolution, 2011-2013