Current Page Path
Karen A Reiman-Sendi
I serve as the project lead for various ongoing and time-limited projects within the Learning & Teaching division. I am also the content manager for the Library's Research Guides site, and I currently serve as the blog manager for Tiny Studies, a blog that shares library staff members' engagement with research.
I received an MILS degree from the School of Information at the University of Michigan, and a BA degree in German Language & Literature, with a minor in French and Art History, from the University of Toledo.
My previous professional positions include: reference librarian, coordinator of library automation, head of reference, head of a branch library, digital services librarian, and director of user information and discovery services. I have published and presented on such topics as in-person and virtual reference services, library systems and public computing support, assessment of reference collections, information literacy for social work graduate students, the creation and the discovery of digial learning objects, and staff development/mentorship. I have served on various Reference & User Services Association (RUSA), Emerging Technologies Section (ETS, formerly MARS), Reference Services Section (RSS), and Association of College & Research Libraries (ACRL)/Education & Behavioral Sciences Section (EBSS) committees of the American Library Association (ALA). I am currently the chair of the RUSA/RSS Virtual Reference Services Committee, as well as the chair for the Big Ten Academic Alliance Heads of Reference group.
- Designing for Content-Rich Sites (presentation)
- Designing For Content-Rich Sites (video)
- MLibrary: Concepts for Redefining Reference
- Keeping Your Data on the Ground When Putting Your (Lib)Guides in the Cloud (chapter)
- They Came for the Carbs, and Stayed for the Collaboration
- Collaborative Troubleshooting of Electronic Resources with Public Services Staff: Two Heads Are Better Than One
- Sharing Our Expertise: Benefits of Professional Development for Strategic Planning
- That's Just the Ticket: Campus Perspectives on Managing Service Requests (panel)
- Leveraging Student Employee Expertise for Collection Projects
- Tiny Studies (blog)