As the Communication Studies Librarian and the Information Studies Librarian, I purchase materials and provide reference and instruction services in support of the research and instructional programs of the Communication Studies Department and the School of Information. I also select materials related to newspapers and general periodicals. Please feel free to contact me with a question, set up an appointment for a research consultation, or have me speak to your class about library research.
You can also find me answering reference questions via the Ask A Librarian email and chat services, and at the Graduate Library's Information Center (IC) desk and the Undergraduate Library reference desk. I am also a member of the MLibrary Web Committee, the General Reference and Popular Press (GRPP) E-team, and the Library's MLK Committee.
I am happy to schedule personal consultations with students and/or answer questions via email. Please feel free to email or call me directly with questions or to set up an appointment!
Winter 2013 Office Hours
Comm Studies: Wednesdays, 2:00-4:00 PM, Rm 5386 North Quad
UMSI: Thursdays, 10:30AM-12:30 PM, Rm 1286 North Quad
- COMM 102 Media Processes and Effects
- COMM 111: Workshop on Managing the Information Environment
- COMM 371: Media, Culture, and Society (Fall 2012)
- COMM 488 Election coverage: Democracy, Media and Message
- Comm 351 Understanding Media Industries
- Comm 419 Skills for Careers in Media and Marketing Research
- Comm 459 Making of American Audiences
- Comm 478: African Americans in Black Popular Culture
- Comm 479: Citizenship after Television
- Comm 485 Mass Communication and Public Opinion