Current Page Path
As the Communication Studies Librarian and the Information Studies Librarian, I purchase materials and provide reference and instruction services in support of the research and instructional programs of the Communication Studies Department and the School of Information. I also select materials related to newspapers and general periodicals. Please feel free to contact me with a question, set up an appointment for a research consultation, or have me speak to your class about library research.
You can also find me answering reference questions via the Ask A Librarian email and chat services, and at the Graduate Library's Information Center (IC) desk and the Undergraduate Library reference desk. I am also a member of the MLibrary Web Committee, the General Reference and Popular Press (GRPP) E-team, and the Library's MLK Committee.
I am happy to schedule personal consultations with students and/or answer questions via email. Please feel free to email or call me directly with questions or to set up an appointment!
I will hold weekly office hours at North Quad, starting part way through the fall and winter semesters.
UMSI: Mondays, 1-3 pm, NQ 1243
Comm Studies: Wednesdays, 1-3 pm, NQ 5386
- Communication Studies
- Information Library Science
- Comm 121: Evaluating Information and Analyzing Media
- Comm 491 and 492: Senior Honors Seminar
- Comm 350: The Rise of Mass Culture
- Knight Wallace Journalism Fellows
- Michigan in the World: Bombs, Bonds and Boycotts
- SI 623: Research Methods for Information Professionals
- SI 501 Contextual Inquiry and Project Management
- SI 110: Introduction to Information Studies