Current Page Path
As the Communication Studies Librarian and the Information Studies Librarian, I purchase materials and provide reference and instruction services in support of the research and instructional programs of the Communication Studies Department and the School of Information. I also select materials related to newspapers and general periodicals. Please feel free to contact me with a question, set up an appointment for a research consultation, or have me speak to your class about library research.
You can also find me answering reference questions via the Ask A Librarian email and chat services, and at the Graduate Library's Information Center (IC) desk and the Undergraduate Library reference desk. I am also a member of the MLibrary Web Committee, the General Reference and Popular Press (GRPP) E-team, and the Library's MLK Committee.
I am happy to schedule personal consultations with students and/or answer questions via email. Please feel free to email or call me directly with questions or to set up an appointment!
I will hold weekly office hours at North Quad, during the fall and winter semesters. Check back here for more details, as we move closer to the beginning of the academic year.
- COMM 102 Media Processes and Effects
- COMM 111: Workshop on Managing the Information Environment
- COMM 271 Revolutions in Communication
- COMM 371: Media, Culture, and Society (Fall 2012)
- COMM 488 Election coverage: Democracy, Media and Message
- Comm 351 Understanding Media Industries
- Comm 419 Skills for Careers in Media and Marketing Research
- Comm 459 Making of American Audiences
- Comm 478: African Americans in Black Popular Culture
- Comm 479: Citizenship after Television