Current Page Path
Shevon Ardeshir Desai
As the Communication and Information Studies Librarian, I purchase materials and provide reference and instruction services in support of the research and instructional programs of the Communication Studies Department and the U-M School of Information. I also select materials related to newspapers and general periodicals. Please feel free to contact me with a question, set up an appointment for a research consultation, or have me speak to your class about library research.
I am a part of the Social Sciences Team within the library's Research division. I am also a member of the MLibrary Web Committee and the General Reference and Popular Press (GRPP) E-team.
I am happy to schedule personal consultations with students and faculty, and/or answer questions via email. Please feel free to email or call me directly with questions or to set up an appointment!
Office Hours - Fall 2016
I will hold weekly office hours at North Quad, starting in October
- UMSI: Mondays, 1:00-3:00 PM, NQ 1243 (beginning Oct 3rd)
- Comm Studies: Wednesdays, 1:00-3:00 PM, NQ 5386 (beginning Oct 5th)
- Information Library Science
- Communication Studies
- News Sources
- Comm 350: The Rise of Mass Culture
- Comm 491 and 492: Senior Honors Seminar
- Knight Wallace Journalism Fellows
- Comm 121: Evaluating Information and Analyzing Media
- SI 110: Introduction to Information Studies
- COMM 102 Media Processes and Effects
- DAAS/COMM 487: African Americans in Popular Culture