Current Page Path
Shevon Ardeshir Desai
As the Communication and Information Studies Librarian, I purchase materials and provide reference and instruction services in support of the research and instructional programs of the Communication Studies Department and the U-M School of Information. I also select materials related to newspapers and general periodicals. Please feel free to contact me with a question, set up an appointment for a research consultation, or have me speak to your class about library research.
You can also find me answering reference questions via the Ask A Librarian email and chat services, and at the Graduate Library's Information Center (IC) desk and the Undergraduate Library reference desk. I am also a member of the MLibrary Web Committee, the General Reference and Popular Press (GRPP) E-team, and the Library's MLK Committee.
I am happy to schedule personal consultations with students and faculty, and/or answer questions via email. Please feel free to email or call me directly with questions or to set up an appointment!
Office Hours - Fall 2015
I will hold weekly office hours at North Quad, starting in October.
UMSI: Mondays, 1:30-3:00 pm, NQ 1243
Comm Studies: Wednesdays, 1:00-3:00 pm, NQ 5386
- Communication Studies
- Information Library Science
- Knight Wallace Journalism Fellows
- Comm 350: The Rise of Mass Culture
- Comm 491 and 492: Senior Honors Seminar
- News Sources
- COMM 102 Media Processes and Effects
- SI 110: Introduction to Information Studies
- DAAS/COMM 487: African Americans in Popular Culture
- Comm 121: Evaluating Information and Analyzing Media