Current Page Path
Shevon Ardeshir Desai
As the Communication and Information Studies Librarian, I purchase materials and provide reference and instruction services in support of the research and instructional programs of the Communication Studies Department and the U-M School of Information. I also select materials related to newspapers and general periodicals. Please feel free to contact me with a question, set up an appointment for a research consultation, or have me speak to your class about library research.
You can also find me answering reference questions via the Ask A Librarian email and chat services, and at the Graduate Library's Information Center (IC) desk and the Undergraduate Library reference desk. I am also a member of the MLibrary Web Committee and the General Reference and Popular Press (GRPP) E-team.
I am happy to schedule personal consultations with students and faculty, and/or answer questions via email. Please feel free to email or call me directly with questions or to set up an appointment!
Office Hours - Winter 2016
I will hold weekly office hours at North Quad, starting in February
- UMSI: Mondays, 1:00-3:00 PM, NQ 1270 (beginning Feb 8th)
- Comm Studies: Wednesdays, 1:00-3:00 PM, NQ 5386 (beginning Feb 3rd)
- Comm 122: Media Analysis
- Communication Studies
- News Sources
- SI 110: Introduction to Information Studies
- DAAS/COMM 487: African Americans in Popular Culture
- SI 501 Contextual Inquiry and Project Management
- Information Library Science
- Knight Wallace Journalism Fellows
- Comm 491 and 492: Senior Honors Seminar
- Comm 350: The Rise of Mass Culture