I work closely with liaison librarians to identify, contribute to, and participate in local health-related events sponsored by the departments and schools at the University of Michigan and the University of Michigan Health System. I also identify local initiatives and coordinate Taubman Health Sciences Library participation through building relationships with local user populations.
The mission of outreach for the Taubman Health Sciences Library is to promote the health of our community by way of improving access to high quality health information, with an emphasis on underserved communities and the elimination of health disparities.
I also am liaison to Undergradute Nursing, School of Public Health's Health Behavior & Health Education, and Office of Public Health Practice.
I graduated with an MSI in Library and Information Services in December of 2008 from the University of Michigan School of Information. My employment background spans several fields of health care including pharmacy, nutrition and patient education.
- Develop educational programs for the benefit of community: academic, health system and general population;
- Identify library resources to support outreach activities;
- Provide health sciences information support for our community partner organizations;
- Attend health-related events as a representative of the Taubmn Health Sciences Library;
- Provide instruction for MLibrary resources and high-quality online health information.