I have two main responsibilities at the University Library:
Education Liaison Librarian - I coordinate the Library's collections, outreach and instruction in the area of education. This includes working with the School of Education, CRLT, and other researchers and students working on education topics.
Foundations & Grants Librarian - As one of the Library's subject specialist for the area of philanthropy, particularly grantsmanship, I purchase materials for the library's collections and provide services to support grant-seeking research primarily in the social sciences as well as the local non-profit community. I also provide individual, small group and formal instruction for the campus community on how to use grant-related resources. Please contact me if you are looking for grants-related information and potential grant-makers!
Ph.D., 2009 University of Michigan, School of Education, Center for the Study of Higher and Postsecondary Education
M.L.I.S., 1989 University of Michigan, School of Information
B.A., 1982 University of Michigan, History of Art
- Insure access to an array of materials on education.
- Provide research support to those studying education.
- Encourage collaborations between the University Library and the School of Education, CRLT, and other units researching education.
- Insure access to an array of grant-seeking resources for campus
- Provide classes and consultations for grant-seekers
- Answer grant-related questions in-person, by telephone, and via email