Current Page Path
I direct the implementation and the provision of the Library's virtual and onsite reference services, teach technology-related workshops, facilitate the development of content for the Library's web site and our public-facing applications with a focus on learning and teaching, provide research assistance to library users onsite and online, direct our University Library Associates program with UMSI, and serve on various library committees.
I received an MILS degree from the School of Information at the University of Michigan, and a BA degree in German Language & Literature, with a minor in French and Art History, from the University of Toledo.
My previous professional positions include: reference librarian, coordinator of library automation, head of reference, and head of a branch library. I have published and presented on such topics as in-person and virtual reference services, library systems and public computing support, assessment of reference collections, information literacy for social work graduate students, and the creation and the discovery of digital learning objects. I have served on various Reference & User Services Association (RUSA), Machine-Assisted Reference Section (MARS), and Association of College & Research Libraries (ACRL)/Education & Behavioral Sciences Section (EBSS) committees of the American Library Association (ALA). I am currently a member of the RUSA/MARS Virtual Reference Services Committee and of the Virtual Reference Discussion Group.
- Ask a Librarian
- Designing for Content-Rich Sites (presentation)
- Designing For Content-Rich Sites (video)
- Can U Help? How to Deliver an Instant Messaging Service to Improve Communication with Your Customers
- MLibrary: Concepts for Redefining Reference
- Keeping Your Data on the Ground When Putting Your (Lib)Guides in the Cloud (chapter)
- They Came for the Carbs, and Stayed for the Collaboration
- Collaborative Troubleshooting of Electronic Resources with Public Services Staff: Two Heads Are Better Than One
- Sharing Our Expertise: Benefits of Professional Development for Strategic Planning