Current Page Path
I am a science librarian at the University of Michigan's Shapiro Science Library, serving as liaison to the departments of Physics and Astronomy. People in these departments should contact me with requests for library instruction sessions, reports of service outages for Physics or Astronomy resources (including electronic journals), requests for the purchase of library materials, general reference / research questions, and questions about publishing options, scholarly communication issues, Open Access and data sharing mandates, etc.
I came to work for the Science Library in 2007 after graduating from the U-M School of Information with a Master of Information Science degree. While at SI I worked for two years as a University Library Associate at the Art, Architecture and Engineering Library. Prior to that I attended the University of Iowa from 1998-2002, graduating with a B.S. in Computer Science and a B.A. in Philosophy.
I provide the following services for my assigned subject areas:
- Select print and digital research materials for the Science Library's collection
- Answer requests for the purchase of library materials
- Serve as a contact for service outages and other issues with library subscriptions
- Provide instruction in library research
- Provide assistance with reference and research questions
- Consult on issues of scholarly publication, open access and open data
In addition to my duties as a subject specialist and departmental liaison I also serve as web content manager for the Shapiro Science Library. I seem to be the go-to guy for questions about Zotero. I serve on a number of library committees and groups, including the Open Access Committee.