The NCRC Library facilitates informationists’ proactively providing outreach to NCRC groups. Being onsite, they can more easily facilitate expert searching and provide other customized research and information services. The informationists will provide the following services including but not limited to:
- Complex literature and other database searching
- Partnering in the creation of systematic reviews and practice guidelines
- Effective use of molecular and sequence databases and data analysis tools
Information coaching and instruction:
- Instruction (one-on-one and group workshops) on both licensed and open databases, patent resources and Web resources.
- Training and coaching on basic to advanced information topics, such as using collaborative tools, information sharing tools, utilizing social media, maintaining information currency, and searching for grants
- Training on information resources and information seeking for Venture Accelerator and partner company executives and employees.
- Research coaching: How do I find….? Can you check…? Where do I begin…?
- “Information hub” services: Where on campus can I find…?
- Assist with funding agency data management plan preparation and implementation
- Instruction on spatial analysis tools
- Locating and acquiring digital numeric and spatial data sets for individual research
- Discussions with university and corporate clients on database selection, acquisition, and licensing
- Consulting and partnering with corporate clients to adjust services and resources based on changing information needs
- Conducting information needs audits (what tools are being used? are they being used efficiently? what is still needed?)
Other tailored services as needed:
- Participation on committees, standing meetings, or projects—short or long term
- Walk-in access to most of MLibrary’s electronic content, including business resources
- On-site departmental office hours
- Facilitating cost-sharing for resources when possible
- Identifying molecular or sequence databases and data analysis tools for use
- Partnering in grant-funded opportunities such as lower-priced document delivery for companies to support Michigan Corporate Relations Network’s goals
- Marketing services and resources from other MLibrary units