Current Page Path
Hatcher Graduate Library Location Information
Hours this week:
|Sunday||2:00 PM - 12:00 AM|
|Monday||08:00 AM - 12:00 AM|
|Tuesday||08:00 AM - 12:00 AM|
|Wednesday||08:00 AM - 12:00 AM|
|Thursday||08:00 AM - 12:00 AM|
|Friday||08:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
Parking is available in the South Forest Avenue Parking structure. Metered parking may be available on State Street, Tappan Avenue, or East University Avenue. For additional details, see the Downtown Development Authority's website.Handicapped-permit parking spaces are located in the driveway to the east of the library, off of South University Avenue. For maps and more information, visit U-M Parking and Transportation Services.
For Help ContactFirst Floor, North Building: Circulation Desk, (734) 764-0401. Second Floor, North Building: Reference Desk, (734) 764-9373. Second Floor, Hatcher South: Serials and Microforms, (734) 764-0503.
Building EntrancesThe main entrance to the North Building — off the Diag — is equipped with ramps and handicap activation push buttons. The entrance to the South Building — off South University Avenue — also has a handicap activation push buttons. Patrons may easily move between buildings on the second floor.
- Main corridor elevators serve: Basement, 1, 2, 3, 4.
- East and South elevators serve: Basement, Ba, 1, 1a, 2, 2a, 3, 3a, 4, 4a.
ComputersWheelchair-accessible computers are available near the second floor reference desk, in Serial and Microforms Services on the second floor of Hatcher South, and in the Area Programs Reading Room in 110 Hatcher North.
Navigating the Stacks
Patrons in wheelchairs may find the North and South stacks floors difficult to navigate. Circulation staff are available to assist any patrons who need help retrieving items.
The following study areas are accessible to patrons in wheelchairs:
- Reference Reading Room, second floor, Hatcher North
- Clark Library reading area, second floor, Hatcher South
- Gallery, first floor, Hatcher North (with inclined ramp)
RestroomsRestrooms designed for wheelchair access:
- Basement, Hatcher North (men's)
- First floor, Hatcher North (women's)
- Third floor, Hatcher North (men's & women's)
- Third through sixth floors, Hatcher South (unisex)
For More InformationFor more information, visit our Services for Patrons with Disabilities page.