Students, Faculty and Staff
To ensure full access to most resources when you're not in the library, using a library computer:
- Start your search on the library’s gateway — lib.umich.edu. Your login serves as an all-access pass.
- Or, download the U-M Library's Proxy Server Bookmarklet for easy authentication on your desktop, laptop or mobile device.
- Most online resources are available only to current students, faculty and staff.
- Joining the UM alumni association provides access to select resources.
- Learn more about library Services for Alumni.
- Many licensed databases, online journals and full-text articles are available to visitors on the public computers inside our campus libraries.
Contact Ask a Librarian.
- Use the gateway search box, frequently used databases and Search Tools to access databases and full-text articles.
- Use the gateway's quick links to ensure easy, full-text access to Google Scholar @ U-M and PubMed @ U-M citations.
- You can copy the link address for all of the library quick links to create a bookmark for future use that will provide direct access.