909 S. University Ave
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1190
The Clements Library renovation project began July 2013. During this project the Library relocated staff and collections. The library is closed to the public but will re-open in early 2016 at 909 South University Ave.
The William L. Clements Library is an independent University of Michigan library on the Ann Arbor central campus that houses original resources for the study of American history and culture from the fifteenth to the early twentieth century. Its mission is to collect and preserve primary source materials, to make them available for research, and to create an environment that supports and encourages scholarly investigation of our nation's past. The Clements Library's collections are represented in Mirlyn, with the location of "William L. Clements." Please visit the Clements Library web site for details on services, staff and resources. Please contact the Clements Library staff with questions about collections, services or building renovation.