Book Arts Studio
Access letterpress machines and other bookmaking supplies.
Art, Architecture, and Engineering Library, Second Floor, Room 2397View floorplan
Experiment with hand set type and book making supplies in our Book Arts Studio, which includes more than 150 drawers of metal and wooden type and a few hundred pictorial ornaments.
- More than 150 drawers of metal and wooden type
- Pictorial printing ornaments
- Chandler & Price platen press
- 2 tabletop platen presses
- 2 flatbed proofing presses
- Book making equipment and supplies
How to access
Open studio time — designed for both beginners and experienced users — is available during the fall and winter semesters.
We also offer workshops several times a semester on processes and techniques related to the book arts.
Extended access may be available to users who have significant experience.
Schedule a class visit or tour
We welcome visits from school groups and the general public. Email us at email@example.com to request a visit.