Instructional Technologist, Hatcher Graduate Library
I attended James A. Rhodes State College and Bowling Green State University to earn my Associate in Digital Media Technology and Bachelor in Visual Communication Technology. I continued my education at the Bowling Green State University by earning my Master of Education in Learning Design. My graduate studies centered on e-learning, personal learning environments and modules, and learning styles and theories. I am knowledgeable in many areas including video, photography, videography, web development, printing and design, as well as instructional design.
I work in the Hatcher and Shapiro libraries as an instructional technologist. I have a variety of job duties including:
- Providing multimedia consultation for patrons, such as learning software, video editing, graphics design, and other media needs.
- Consulting with faculty on ways to incorporate technology into their instruction.
- Providing course-integrated workshops that showcase the tools and concepts students need to reach class or project goals.
- Providing open workshops for the campus community, ranging in various multimedia and security topics.
- Develop and teach specialized instruction sessions for faculty, student groups, and campus community.