Keep reading and researching
Current Page Path
Darlene P Nichols
I have been a librarian at the University of Michigan since August of 1985. I have worked in a number of areas over the years and feel privileged to be affiliated with this institution.
My education includes master's degrees in Library Science (UM, 1985) and Sociology (UM, 1983) with a special interest in social psychology. My undergraduate degree was in East Asian Studies (Princeton, 1979).
I serve as the Library’s subject specialist for social work. I am responsible for collection development, library instruction, and research consultations in social work and allied areas. I can also offer both general and course-integrated instruction and workshops designed to foster the effective use of information resources and the effective application of new technologies in teaching and scholarship in the social sciences.
To set up an appointment, either send me email or use our appointment scheduling app: https://umich.libcal.com/appointments/darlene.
- Social Work: Global Practice
- Finding Tests & Measurement Instruments
- Vulnerable Children, Youth and Families in Society
- Academic Integrity in Social Work
- Gathering Information to Assess a Community
- Program Evaluation
- Social Policies/Programs
- Evidence-Based Practice for Social Work
- Social Work
- Staying Informed for Social Work Practice