Current Page Path
Alexandra Peterson Rivera
My work resides in two key areas.
Support the UM Detroit Center providing research assistance and develop and deliver resources, services, and instruction to UM departments, schools, and programs working in the center and their students and community partners.
Coordinate the Library's K-12 initiatives to improve K-12 learning outcomes to aid in students' learning to aid in their persisternce through their primary and secondary education and to help prepare them for post-secondary education, ideally to the UM, and a fulling life of learning and growth.
Manage the Peer Information Counseling (PIC) Program which is a peer mentoring/counseling program intended to improve learning outcomes for culturally diverse students and in general offer a successful research and learning experience for new or returning students. This program has been in existence since 1985.
M.L.I.S., 2004 University of Michigan, School of Information
B.S., 1995 Northern Arizona University, Communications - Broadcasting and Production.
- Serve as library liason to the UM's Detroit Center. Coordinate a Library Research Lab providing access to Spatial Numeric Data Services and other library resources
- Reference assistance both in-person and chat reference
- Instruction - Detroit Center and Ann Arbor Campus
- Encourage collaborations between the UM Library and the K-12 community including the Michigan Debate Institute
- Collaborate closely with UM's outreach and retention programs including UM's Comprehensive Studies Program and the Office of Academic and Multicultural Initiatives (OAMI)
For detailed information please see - Rivera - Curriculum Vitae 2017