- Alternative Titles
- PQHN, AC, ADW, AHJM, AI, AR, BAA, BG, CCP, CD, CE, CNC, CSM, CT, DDN, DFP, GM, GAM, G&M, IT, JA, JE, JP, LAS, LAT, LCJ, NT, NYAN, NYT, PC, SCMP, SLPD, SFC, TI, TOI, TS, WIT, WSJ, WP, UK, Freep
ProQuest Historical Newspapers is a custom ProQuest cross-search providing full-text access to the complete backfiles of 27 U.S. and 32 international English-language newspapers from Canada, China, India, Ireland, Israel, and the United Kingdom, including:
- 16 major mainstream U.S. newspapers--Arizona Republican (1890-1922), Atlanta Constitution (1868-1984), Boston Globe (1872-1984)*, Chicago Tribune (1849-1992)*, Cincinnati Enquirer (1841-1922), Christian Science Monitor (1908-2003)*, Dayton Daily News (1898-1922), Detroit Free Press (1831-1999), Los Angeles Times (1881-1992)*, Louisville Courier Journal (1830-1922), Nashville Tennessean (1812-1922), New York Times (1851-2013)*, St. Louis Post-Dispatch (1874-1922), San Francisco Chronicle (1865-1922), Wall Street Journal (1889-1999)*, and Washington Post (1877-1999)*
- 7 major African American community newspapers--Atlanta Daily World (1931-2003), Baltimore Afro-American (1893-1988), Chicago Defender (1909-1975), Cleveland Call and Post (1934-1991), Los Angeles Sentinel (1934-2005), New York Amsterdam News (1922-2003), and Pittsburgh Courier (1911-2002)
- 4 major American Jewish Newspapers--The American Hebrew & Jewish Messenger (1857-1922), The American Israelite (1854-2000), The Jewish Advocate (1905-1990), and The Jewish Exponent (1887-1990).
- 5 major British and Irish newspapers--The Guardian (1821-2003), The Observer (1791-2003), The Scotsman (1817-1950), and the Irish Times (1859-2015)* and Weekly Irish Times (1876-1958);
- 2 major Canadian newspapers--The Globe and Mail (1844-2012)* and Toronto Star (1894-2013)*
- 22 different English-language newspapers published in China included in the PQHN Chinese Newspapers Collection (1832-1953) plus the major English-language newspaper of Hong Kong, South China Morning Post (1903-1997)*
- a major newspaper of India--The Times of India (1838-2007)*
- a major newspaper of Israel--Jerusalem Post (1932-2008).
Includes original page images digitized from microfilm.
*One additional year of content is added to these selected files annually.
- Article IndexNewspaper(s)
- 1791 - 2015 (Varies by title). One year of additional content is added to the backfile annually for the following 12 titles: Boston Globe, Chicago Tribune, Christian Science Monitor, Globe and Mail, Irish Times, Jerusalem Post, Los Angeles Times, New York Times, South China Morning Post, Times of India, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post. The content of all other titles does not increase beyond the years specified.
- Stable URL
- More Information