While the current School of Dentistry under construction (on the same site as the previous building) between 1969-1971, the Dentistry Library collection was moved into temporary quarters in the basement of the new clinic building, where the CAIDENT Center is now located. Whereas in 1900 the library held about a thousand books, by 1969 it contained some 40,000 items. Librarian Susan Seger began planning the move four years earlier, which went off with great speed and organization; although classes were already in session, the move was completed with only three days of interruption. The final move to the new building took place in June of 1971.
Source: Charles C. Kelsey, "Alumni Bulletin",
Photo: Sindecuse Museum of Dentistry