For all History of Art Courses.
Send questions or requests to email@example.com
Recommended Reserve Request Due Dates:
- Winter term: submit by November 15
- Spring term: submit by March 1
- Summer term: submit by May 1
- Fall term: submit by August 1
The Fine Arts Library provides reserves service for History of Art courses and select non-History of Art courses. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about availability.
Only an instructor or a designated proxy may request course reserves.
Items will be taken off reserve during the semester only at the request of the instructor. All items will be taken off reserve following the last day of examinations.
Instructor personal copies will be security taped and kept behind the circulation desk on closed reserve unless other arrangements are made.
The library will purchase materials not owned by the University Library system as quickly as possible. Advanced notice is appreciated.
Due to space constrictions we limit 50 books per course.
- Complete and accurate information will result in quicker processing.
- Please remember to include the course name and number with your request.
- Reserve lists will be processed in the order they are received.
- During peak periods (such as the beginning of the semester) extra time may be needed.
- Please indicate a "date needed by" if known, especially for material needed quickly or at the beginning of the semester.
- Items not owned by the University Library, or items needing to be recalled will take longer to be placed on reserve.
Submit Reserve Requests by using our online form and selecting Fine Arts Library
Reserve books are shelved in call number order in Fine Arts Library reading room. Books are not divided by specific course, but grouped together in call number order with other titles on reserve each semester. Please provide a list of books on reserve to your students to designate titles for your course (title/author). Library staff on site are able to assist with locating materials if needed.
Reserve books may be browsed in the reading room or checked out for use outside of the library (overnight if checked out within one hour of closing).
Books will circulate for 2 hours unless the instructor requests otherwise (library-use only and 24 hours are also available at instructor request).
Limited space in our reserve reading room necessitates a limit of 50 books per course.
Books from the Fine Arts Library special collections must be kept on reserve behind the circulation desk.
Other items placed on closed reserve include instructor personal copies and non-circulating items.
Items on closed reserve may be used for two hours within the library.