- Date & Time
- December 7, 2017 - 2:00pm to 4:00pm
- Hatcher Graduate Library, Gallery (Room 100)
- Location Information
- LSA Bicentennial Theme Semester Symposium: Crisis Democracy
- Event Type
- Panel Discussion
The Democratic Futures at Michigan panel features these local organizers:
- Jamie Thompson, Students4Justice
- Maria Ibarra-Frayre, Washtenaw ID Project
- Joel Batterman, Motor City Freedom Riders
- Amina Kirk, Detroit People’s Platform
Crisis Democracy: Conversations on Politics in America encourages the university community to reflect on, interpret, and imagine the future of political participation, inclusion and expression. Conversations between academics and local organizers explore topics including: legal developments that affect citizen democratic participation, debates over free speech and safe spaces, and the shifting configurations of social movements.
This LSA Bicentennial Theme Semester event is presented with support from the College of Literature, Science, and the Arts and the University of Michigan Bicentennial Office. Additional support provided by the Department of History and the Eisenberg Institute for Historical Studies.