Our equipment is for use by Digital Conversion staff only. Equipment is available for scanning personal materials on the 2nd floor of the Graduate Library or Groundworks Media Lab in the Duderstadt Center. Please see our Handouts page for more information on personal projects.
- i2s Copibook HD: tabletop overhead book scanner with an adjustable book cradle. Captures 24-bit color at 400 ppi. Scanning area 25" x 16".
- Zeutschel OS 7,000: standalone overhead book scanner with an adjustable pneumatic book cradle. Captures 1-bit bitonal and 8-bit grayscale only. 600 ppi limited to 11" x 17".
- Zeutschel OS 10,000: standalone overhead book scanner with an adjustable pneumatic book cradle. Captures 1-bit bitonal, 8-bit greyscale and 24-bit color images. Captures 600ppi up to 22" x 35". Book cradle can be replaced with map table, which can capture 400 ppi up to 36" x 56".
- Nikon Super Coolscan 5000 ED: 35mm film scanner for mounted 35mm slides and film strips; 4000 ppi optical Resolution; can batch scan 4 images in one sitting.
- Imacon Flextight Precision II: Film Scanner Reproduction quality. Scans film from 35mm, medium format roll film, and 4” x 5" large format film. Optical resolution is 1800ppi. Captures 24 or 48-bit RGB color at 14-bit A/D 0~4.1 Dmax.
- Epson Expression 1640XL: 11 x 17 inch flatbed Scanner with transparency adapter for film. 1600 x 3200 ppi optical resolution. ColorTrue II Imaging System and 42-bit color depth, high dynamic range (3.6 Dmax), AutoFocus optics system.
- Epson Expression 10000XL: 11 x 17 inch flatbed Scanner with transparency adapter for film. 2400 ppi optical resolution. ColorTrue II Imaging System and 42-bit color depth, High dynamic range (3.6 Dmax), autoFocus optics system.
- Phase One P45: 38 megapixel Medium Format Digital Camera Back which produces 117mb file sizes per shot. Used for materials larger than 12" by 17" or higher resolution images. Multiple exposures may be stitched together in post processing to produce very large high-resolution files. 72mm Digital APO lens. Mounted on ReproGraphic Workstation.
- ReproGraphic Workstation: Custom made oversize (60" x 40") copystand with separate vacuum easel. For oversized materials larger then 12" x 17"
- Hasselblad H2: Medium format camera equipped with an HC 120mm f/4.0 Macro lens. For materials larger than 12" x 17" or higher resolution images. Used with the Bencher VP 400 copystand.
- Bencher VP 400: Trans-illuminated bed floor model copystand with a mechanized column. For oversized materials larger then 12" x 17".
DCU also makes use of the following scanner located in the Clark Maps Library in Hatcher.
- i2s Digibook A0 Suprascan: overhead color scanner with 34" x 48" table with A1 book cradle. Captures 24-bit color at 600 ppi across entire scanning area.