Adam Matthew's Romanticism: Life, Literature and Landscape is a digital collection of manuscript materials by William Wordsworth, Samuel Taylor Coleridge, Thomas de Quincey, and other Romantic writers. Materials in the online collection are sourced from the Wordsworth Trust, Dove Cottage, Grasmere, UK.
Romanticism: Life, Literature and Landscape includes:
- Dove Cottage Literary Manuscripts, including verse manuscripts by William Wordsworth, Samuel Taylor Coleridge and Hartley Coleridge; Mary Wordsworth’s Memorandumand Journal of a Tour on the Continent; Dorothy Wordsworth’s Grasmere diaries and her journals including Recollections of a Tour in Scotland.
- Wordsworth Literary Manuscripts, including verse manuscripts and letters by William Wordsworth, Mary Wordsworth, Samuel Taylor Coleridge, Sara Coleridge, William Hazlitt, Leigh Hunt, Robert Jones, Charles and Mary Lamb, Sir Walter Scott and Robert Southey.
- Wordsworth Letter Albums. Correspondents include William Wordsworth, Dorothy Wordsworth, Mary Wordsworth, John Wordsworth, Christopher Wordsworth, Samuel Taylor Coleridge, Sara Hutchinson, Edward Quillinan, Robert Southey, Charles Lamb and Benjamin Robert Haydon.
- Thomas de Quincey manuscripts including Confessions of an Opium Eater.
- Selections from the Hutchinson family correspondence, 1768-1903.
- Selected annotated pages from printed books.
- Landscape paintings and drawings of the Lake District by such artists as Thomas Gainsborough, J.M.W. Turner, Joseph Wilkinson and John Constable.
- Letters, financial papers, scrapbooks, autograph books, notebooks and diaries.
- Text Collection
- Stable URL