- Alternative Titles
- Religion in Geschichte und Gegenwart (RGG)Brill Online Reference Works
Religion Past and Present (RPP) Online is the online version of the updated English translation of the 4th edition of the definitive encyclopedia of religion worldwide: the peerless Religion in Geschichte und Gegenwart (RGG). This great resource, now available in English and Online, continues the tradition of deep knowledge and authority relied upon by generations of scholars in religious, theological, and biblical studies. Religion Past and Present indisputably belongs to the small class of essential reference works.
RPP Online will include ALL 13 volumes of the print edition and is automatically updated whenever a new volume has been published (2 volumes annually).
Features and Benefits
- Strongly international, cross-cultural and ecumenical, written by over 3,000 authors from 88 countries
- RGG has been a standard reference work since the publication of the first edition in 1908
- Covers an unparalleled breadth of subject matter in theological and biblical studies
- Up-to-date research and bibliographies make it an indispensable resource for all levels of users
- Interdisciplinary articles cover a wide range of topics from history, archaeology, liturgy, law, bible, music, visual arts, politics, social sciences, natural sciences, ethics and philosophy
- Over 15,000 entries and 8 million words
- Abstracts drawn from a wide range of journals in various languages
- Covers an array of complementary disciplines
- Continually updated with new entries
- Stable URL