The Patrologia Orientalis Database (POD) is a collection of patristic texts from the Christian East, including works, recorded in non-Latin languages (i.e. Greek, Coptic, Syriac, Arabic, Ethiopic, Armenian, Georgian), that come from geographical, cultural, or religious contexts somehow linked to Rome or the Eastern Roman Empire.
This initial version of the database allows users to access texts included in the Patrologia Orientalis (PO) series in two forms: the original text, available as a PDF file, and a searchable translation. The user can search for items (such as keywords or quotes) in the language into which a text was translated in the PO. All the texts in the PO will be seachable, and the reader can check the translation with the original text visible alongside as a non-searchable PDF file.
- Contains the 234 fascicles published in the Patrologia Orientalis series
- Updated yearly with new texts
- Each text is provided in its original language and in translation
- Translations are searchable
- Numerous filters (author, title, subject, language, etc.)
- Multilingual interface (English, French, German, and Italian)
- DatabaseText Collection
- Stable URL
- More Information