Photo by Randal Stegmeyer
By: Abraham Ortelius
The University owns five editions of the Theatrum, including the 1570 (in the Clements Library), several supplemental map compilations called the Additamentum, an atlas of classical geography called the Parergon, and two works on ancient and modern place names. There are many maps from other editions in the collections. Other printers and mapmakers made reduced-format atlases derived from the Theatrum, and the University has several of these in its collections. It is from the Hubbard Collection.