Current Page Path
Browse results for: Women's and Gender Studies in Databases
Highly Recommended Databases
1 - 9 of 9
- Gender Studies Database (EBSCO)
Gender Studies Database covers the full spectrum of gender-engaged scholarship inside and outside academia.
- Sociological Abstracts
Provides access to the international literature in sociology and related disciplines. Covers 1800+ journals, back to 1952.
- Encyclopedia of Feminist Theories
Articles on all aspects of feminism
- American Women's History Online
Biographies, historical and topical subject entries, speeches and other documents, maps and charts, photographs, and timelines that ...
A full text database of 140 international publications devoted to women's and gender issues.
- Gerritsen Collection: Women's History Online 1543-1945
The Gerritsen curators gathered more than 4,700 publications from continental Europe, the U.S., the United Kingdom, Canada, and New ...
- OECD Gender, Institutions and Development Statistics
The Gender, Institutions and Development Data Base presents comparative data on gender equality. It has been compiled from secondary ...
Premier resource for surveying the literature of psychology and adjunct fields. Covers 1887-present. Produced by the APA.
- Women and Social Movements in the United States: 1600-2000
Primary documents, introductory essays, and a definitive bibliography on the involvement of women in social movements.
1 - 43 of 43
- Alt-Press Watch
Full text of over 200 alternative and independent-press newspapers, magazines and journals.
- America: History & Life with Full Text (EBSCO)
Covers the history and culture of the United States and Canada, from prehistory to the present.
- American Jewess
A digital reproduction of the 8 volumes of "The American Jewess".
- American Masculinities
Provides a reference guide and an introduction to the many ways in which men have been defined, imagined, and experienced male identity
- American Periodicals (APS)
Searchable, full text of selected American periodicals of all kinds published between 1740 and 1900.
- American Politics and Society from Kennedy to Watergate
Expansive collection of documents from the Kennedy, Johnson, & Nixon administrations, including records of several federal agencies.
- Artemis Primary Sources
Collection that includes materials from Gale's 18th C. Collections Online and 19th C. Collections Online.
- Berg Fashion Library
Cross-searchable access to Berg Encyclopedia of World Dress and Fashion online, e-books, reference works, images, and more.
- Bibliography of English Women Writers, 1500-1640
A comprehensive record of scholarship on 738 known women writers and their texts,
- Communication & Mass Media Complete
Coverage of more than 500 full-text journals in the communication and mass media fields.
- Encyclopedia of Women & Islamic Cultures Online
Covers research on gender studies and the Islamic world.
- Esquire Magazine Archive
Archive of men's magazine Esquire.
- Ethnic NewsWatch
A full text database of 200 publications of the ethnic, minority and native press. Searchable in both English and Spanish, with titles ...
- Everyday Life and Women in America, c.1800-1920
Document collection on women, family and home life in the South and the North U.S.
- Feminae: Medieval Women and Gender Index
Indexes articles, reviews, and essays about women, sexuality, and gender during the Middle Ages.
- Gender Research Database (GReTA)
Women’s and gender studies scholarship, with bibliographic citations taken primarily from German sources and focusing on Germany.
- Godey's Lady's Book 1830-1898
Under the editorship of Sarah Josepha Hale, Godey's Lady's Book (1830-1898) became one of the most influential U.S. women's magazines ...
- Handbook of Feminist Family Studies
Showcases feminist family scholarship and provides both a retrospective and a prospective overview of the field.
- Handbook of Gender and Women's Studies
A useful introduction to gender theory, this handbook shows the plurality and diversity of gender and women's studies.
- International Encyclopedia of the Social & Behavioral Sciences (IESBS)
Online version of the largest reference work published in the social and behavioral sciences
- Left Index
Covers 120+ journals and blogs with a leftist viewpoint concerning a variety of political and social issues.
- LGBT Studies in Video
Documentaries, interviews, archival footage and some feature films exploring LGBT history and culture, civil rights and political movements
Digital version of The Lily, the first newspaper for women, published from 1849 to 1856.
- MLA Directory of Periodicals
Contains information on the journals and series that are covered in the Modern Language Association International Bibliography database.
- MLA International Bibliography
Indexes books and articles published on modern languages, literatures, folklore, and film.
- Oxford Encyclopedia of Women in World History
Comprehensively covers the role women have played throughout world history. Includes over 650 biographies of influential women.
- Politics, Social Activism, and Community Support: Selected Gay & Lesbian Periodicals and Newsletters
Collection of more than 200 newsletters and periodicals issued by gay and lesbian activist organizations between 1947-2004.
- Project MUSE
Full-text access to scholarly journals & e-books published by over 120 scholarly societies & university presses.
- ProQuest History Vault
Primary sources for 19th and 20th century U.S. history
- SAGE Handbook of Feminist Theory
A guide to the issues and debates surrounding feminist theory, mapping the present and the future of this broad, interdisciplinary field.
- SAGE Handbook of Human Rights
This handbook examines human rights from perspectives including law, philosophy, and its mainstreaming in popular culture.
- Scottish Women Poets
Includes full text of some 60 volumes of poetry from approximately 50 poets from 1789 to 1832.
- Struggle for Women's Rights, Organizational Records, 1880-1990
Digitized records of the National Woman's Party, the League of Women Voters, and the Women's Action Alliance
- Universal Database of Russian Newspapers
Provides full text of over 40 of the major newspapers or serials published in Russia, the Soviet Union, or its successor states.
- University of Michigan Alumnae Council Survey Responses, 1924
Responses to survey mailed by the University of Michigan Alumnae Council to women who had attended the University in the period 1870-1924.
- Vogue Archive
Online access to Vogue magazine (US edition) from 1892 to three months ago, in high-resolution color page images.
- Wiley Blackwell Encyclopedia of Gender and Sexuality Studies
Covers gender, feminist, queer, masculinity, and sexuality studies; and acknowledges the growing interdisciplinary impact of these fields.
- Women and Social Movements International
Collection of primary texts relating to women socal activists around the world, 1840 to present.
- Women's Magazine Archive (1846-2005)
Searchable archive comprising the full backfiles of 13 leading women’s interest consumer magazines.
- Women's Studies International (EBSCO)
Index to the literature of women's studies. Includes journals, newspapers, books, proceedings and grey literature.
- Women's Studies Manuscript Collections from the Schlesinger Library
Digitized collection from the Schlesinger Library at Radcliffe College covering voting rights, national politics, and reproductive rights.
- Women's Voices: Early Years at the University of Michigan
Womens' Voices is a collection of vividly expressed reminiscences of the earliest women students admitted to UM.
- The Women's Wear Daily Archive
Searchable archive of Women's Wear Daily from first issue in 1910 to within past year: every page, article, advertisement and cover