Current Page Path
Browse results for: Sociology in Databases
Highly Recommended Databases
1 - 10 of 10
- Sociological Abstracts
Provides access to the international literature in sociology and related disciplines. Covers 1800+ journals, back to 1952.
- Blackwell Encyclopedia of Sociology
Over 1800 entries, on all aspects of sociology. Includes introductions to sociological theories and research that have developed ...
- Social Sciences Citation Index (Web of Science)
A multidisciplinary database with searchable author abstracts covering over 1700 journals in the social sciences.
- Encyclopedia of Sociology
This classic reference has been updated to reflect many changes in society and in the field of sociology in recent years. Articles ...
- International Encyclopedia of the Social & Behavioral Sciences (IESBS)
Online version of the largest reference work published in the social and behavioral sciences
- Social Sciences Abstracts (with Full Text)
Covers 625 of the most important English-language journals across all the social sciences.
Provides full-text access to the archives of core scholarly journals in the arts, humanities, social sciences and sciences.
- Criminal Justice Abstracts (EBSCO)
Provides comprehensive coverage of the international literature on criminology (incl. journals, books, reports, dissertations, and more).
- Annual Reviews
Provides access to authoritative, analytic reviews of research in 29 focused disciplines within the Biological & Medical, Physical, and ...
Premier resource for surveying the literature of psychology and adjunct fields. Covers 1887-present. Produced by the APA.
1 - 55 of 55
- 21st Century Sociology
106 essays that are authored by leading authorities in various countries provide an up-to-date survey and assessment of the many ...
- Abstracts in Social Gerontology
Provides bibliographic records covering aging, elder abuse, society and the elderly, and other key areas of relevance to gerontology.
- American Jewess
A digital reproduction of the 8 volumes of "The American Jewess".
- Anarchism Pamphlets in the Labadie Collection
The pamphlets currently digitized comprise a very small part of a much larger collection of pamphlets owned by the Labadie Collection.
- Bibliography of Asian Studies
Contains citations to western-language periodical articles and books published pertaining to East, Southeast, and South Asia.
- Chinese Newspapers Collection, 1832-1953
Searchable access to the backfiles of 12 English language newspapers published in China, 1832-1953.
- Cultural Sociology of the Middle East, Asia, and Africa: an Encyclopedia
Concise guide to culture, history and daily life in these three broad regions.
- Data Citation Index
Searchable descriptions of 1 million+ datasets in all subject areas from 69 repositories, plus citations to publications using the data.
- Emerging trends in the social and behavioral sciences : an interdisciplinary, searchable, and linkable resource
400+ essays on central social science topics. Highlights foundational research, cutting-edge research, and future directions for each topic.
- Encyclopedia of Adolescence
Encyclopedia addressing major issues of adolescent development and behavior.
- Encyclopedia of Aging
Written by experts for a general audience, articles cover topics such as biology, medicine, economics, law, psychology, sociology, and ...
- Encyclopedia of Community
Whether the reader is a student, researcher, or professional in the field of psychology, sociology, or even economics, this four-volume ...
- Encyclopedia of Community Corrections
- Encyclopedia of Crime and Justice
An interdisciplinary source that addresses not only law but also sociology, psychology, history and economics. Entries vary widely from ...
- Encyclopedia of Deception
This encyclopedia examines lying from a number of perspectives including social psychology, moral philosophy, history, business, and others.
- Encyclopedia of Humor Studies
Explores the concept of humor in history and modern society in the United States and internationally.
- Encyclopedia of Media Violence
Provides a comprehensive evidence-based examination of theory, research and debates related to media violence.
- Encyclopedia of Philosophy and the Social Sciences
Provides an interdisciplinary look at the relationship between philosophy and the social sciences.
- Encyclopedia of Social Deviance
Introduces the lively field of rule-making and rebellion that strikes at the core of what it means to be an individual in a social world.
- Encyclopedia of Social Work - Online Edition
Continuously updated, online version of the classic encyclopedia for social work practice.
- Encyclopedia of Street Crime in America
Focuses on urban lifestyle and its associated crimes, with coverage of police, courts and other criminal justice sub-disciplines
- Encyclopedia of the Life Course and Human Development
Examines the human life course from a sociological perspective.
- Filmakers Library Online
Video streaming of over 1000 documentary films previously distributed by Filmakers Library.
- Gender Studies Database (EBSCO)
Gender Studies Database covers the full spectrum of gender-engaged scholarship inside and outside academia.
- Handbook of Political Theory
This handbook reviews political theory from thematic, conceptual and historical perspectives.
- Human Resources Abstracts (EBSCO)
Human Resources Abstracts includes bibliographic records covering essential areas related to human resources, including human resource ...
- Humanities and Social Sciences Index (with Abstracts and Full Text)
Covers 1,500+ periodicals across all humanities and social sciences fields, 1907 - present.
Provides annual and infra-annual labour market statistics for over 100 indicators and 230 countries, areas and territories.
- International Encyclopedia of the Social Sciences
Second edition of the 8-volume IESS. Includes 3000 articles, including wealth and income distribution, economic aid, food production, ...
Landscan provides worldwide gridded population data available each year from 2000 to 2013
- National Conference on Social Welfare Proceedings, 1874 - 1982
A fully searchable collection of the Proceedings of the National Conference on Social Welfare, 1874 - 1982.
- Pinback Buttons, Labadie Collection
Consists of nearly 1000 pinback buttons covering the topics of Anarchism, Atheism, Civil Liberties, Colonialism, Communism, etc.
- Political Posters, Labadie Collection, University of Michigan
The Joseph A. Labadie Collection contains political posters which have been acquired over the past 100 years.
- ProQuest Statistical Insight
Indexes and abstracts statistical publications from international, US and state governments and businesses
- Race Relations Abstracts (EBSCO)
Race Relations Abstracts includes bibliographic records covering essential areas related to race relations, including ethnic studies, ...
- Records of the Immigration and Naturalization Service, 1880-1930
Digitized collection of INS records covering investigations made during the immigration wave at the turn of the 20th century in the U.S.
- Routledge Handbooks Online
Over 800 Routledge Handbooks, International Handbooks and Companions on a wide variety of social sciences and humanities topics
- The SAGE Deaf Studies Encyclopedia
Over 300 entries shift the focus of Deaf Studies away from the traditional model and toward seeing the Deaf as a distinct cultural group.
- The SAGE Encyclopedia of World Poverty
The SAGE Encyclopedia of World Poverty, Second Edition addresses the persistence of poverty across the globe.
- SAGE Handbook of Feminist Theory
A guide to the issues and debates surrounding feminist theory, mapping the present and the future of this broad, interdisciplinary field.
- SAGE Handbook of Human Rights
This handbook examines human rights from perspectives including law, philosophy, and its mainstreaming in popular culture.
- Sage Research Methods
Books, journals and reference books on social science research methods. Includes methods map,
- Sage Research Methods Datasets
Collection of datasets developed to help learn research methods
- Social Explorer
Social Explorer provides easy access to demographic information about the United States, from 1790 to present. Create maps and reports.
- Social History of Crime and Punishment in America: An Encyclopedia
Surveys the history and philosophy of crime and punishment in America from colonial times to the present.
- The Social History of the American Family: An Encyclopedia
This encyclopedia explores the role of the family as the fundamental social unit across the span of American history.
- Sociology Database
Full text access to more than 300 journals in sociology, social work, and related fields.
- Sociology of Islam
Sociology of Islam explores modern social, political and economic transformations in Muslim Societies. Volume 1 (2013)-.
- Sociology of Work: an Encyclopedia
Discusses the act of going to work and why it is an integral part of societies across the globe.
- Tests and Measures in the Social Sciences: Tests available in compilation volumes
An index for finding tests and measurement instruments in print compilations, web sites and other resources.
- Twentieth Century Advice Literature
Brings together instructional, prescriptive, behavioral and etiquette literature that defined standards of conduct
- Universal Database of Russian Newspapers
Provides full text of over 40 of the major newspapers or serials published in Russia, the Soviet Union, or its successor states.
- Violence & Abuse Abstracts
Index to scholarly literature of violence and abuse, including family violence, sexual assault and emotional abuse.
- Wiley Blackwell Encyclopedia of Gender and Sexuality Studies
Covers gender, feminist, queer, masculinity, and sexuality studies; and acknowledges the growing interdisciplinary impact of these fields.
- Women and Social Movements International
Collection of primary texts relating to women socal activists around the world, 1840 to present.